Assistant Librarian - Reference/Information Literacy
The Library at the Byblos campus has a vacancy for an Assistant Librarian – Reference/Information Literacy whose main responsibility is to assist the Reference Librarian in administering Reference activities and maintain the Reference collection so as to ensure proper patron serving.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answers patrons’ questions and assists them in all their queries.
- Trains patrons on the use of OPAC and electronic resources providing them with research and bibliographic instruction.
- Helps patrons in preparing documentation and bibliographies.
- Assists the Reference Librarian in supervising the Reference room and in the proper shelving of the Reference collection.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities pertinent to this job as assigned or appropriate.
- B.E., B.A. or B.S. or equivalent to Bachelor’s degree from a renowned university
- At least 2-4 years of experience in library reference services
- Excellent English and Arabic written and oral skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Computer literate
Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
specifying the job title in the subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is Sunday August 12, 2012
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only